Veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth shaped porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) by a professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the front of the teeth to create a beautiful and natural looking smile.
Veneers can completely reshape your teeth and smile. They can often be alternatives to crowns and the ideal solution to many dental conditions.
As with most dental restorations, veneers are not permanent and may someday need replacement. They are very durable and if well cared for will last many years, giving you a beautiful long lasting smile.
Reasons for porcelain veneers:
- Cosmetically, to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile
- Straighten the appearance of crooked teeth
- Severely discolored or stained teeth
- Teeth that are too small or large
- Unwanted or uneven spaces
- Worn or chipped teeth